HSE Covid Inspector calls!
The Health and Safety Executive are being extra vigilant and dropped by earlier today on an unannounced visit to our premises.
We have always taken our staff and suppliers' safety very seriously and adding the extra Covid Secure precautions were done immediately the advice came from Government on what steps we should be taking.
We passed with flying colours and were told that we are doing a lot more than most companies - which is very reassuring!
MEASURES WE ARE TAKING:
- Covid 19 Site Risk Assessment
- Covid 19 Operative Risk Assessment
- Increased number of staggered break times ( max. 4 people per break)
- Increased size of outdoor rest areas / smoking area
- Organised second canteen for break times
- No more than 3 people in offices at any one time
- Social distancing markers around site with one-way systems in factory / canteens
- Hand sanitising units scattered around site
- Visitors asked to complete Covid 19 questionnaire before visit
- Face masks worn if doing task where social distancing is impossible
- Regular hand washing / hand sanitising
- Covid 19 posters giving guidance around site
- Weekly deep clean of offices / canteens including door handles
Keeping on top of the pandemic and protecting those that come on site is paramount for our company at this time, we are pleased to say that we have had our first inspection and it is good know that we are doing the right thing and following government guidance in this fast changing environment.